2021 New York State
Men's Mid-Amateur Championship
Shaker Ridge Country Club (Albany) | September 24-26
Memorandum to Players
Jump to: Terms || Qualifying || The Field || Pairings || Results
CHAMPIONSHIPS, FORMAT, AND CUT INFORMATION
This championship is a three-day 54-hole stroke play competition. There is a cut after 18 holes to the low 60 players (and ties), and after 36 holes to the low 30 players (and ties). The 10 shot rule is not in effect.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Listed below is the tentative schedule of events for this year’s championship. Please note that this schedule is subject to change. Any changes will necessitate an email to the field with an update.
Thursday, September 23
- 9:00am....................Practice facility open
- 9:00-4:00pm........... Registration
- 9:30-3:00pm........... Practice rounds
- 11:00-3:00pm......... Player lunch
Friday, September 24
- 10:30am..................Registration opens
- 10:30am..................Practice facility open
- 11:00-12:30pm.......Player lunch
- 1:00pm....................Round 1 - Shotgun Start
Saturday, September 25
- 7:00am....................Practice facility open
- 8:00-11:30am..........Round 2 from tee #1 only
- 12:00-4:00pm..........Player lunch
Sunday, September 26
- 7:00am...................Practice facility open
- 8:00-9:39am...........Round 3 from tee #1 only
- 11:00-3:00pm.........Player lunch
- 2:30pm...................Awards ceremony
PAIRINGS & TEE TIME REQUESTS
- Pairings: The first round pairings (click here) will be posted at 12:00pm on Friday, September 17.
- Tee Time Requests: You can request at tee time (AM or PM only) for the first round on Friday, September 24 by completing this Google Form no later than Wednesday, September 15 at 5pm.
Players who plan to arrive at Shaker Ridge on Thursday, August 23 for practice rounds will register in-person with NYSGA staff by the pro shop. Players will be provided with their tee gifts, have their profile picture taken for online scoring, and be given final important notices and reminders.
- Register online
- Register by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to register may result in the forfeiture of your spot in the championship.
A complimentary practice round is available on Thursday, September 23. To secure a tee time, DO NOT CALL THE PRO SHOP. Players must register (opens at 3:00pm on Tuesday, September 14) for a practice round via the website noted below:
- Visit "Schedule Your Practice Round" under the "Pairings" menu option
- Select your name from the search bar
- Select your desired tee time. You may add other player in the field to your grouping. DO NOT remove a player without their permission.
- If you need assistance, please call the NYSGA office at 315-471-6979.
A player may provide her own caddie, none are available through the host club. All caddies will be required to use an NYSGA bib during competition rounds. Bibs can be checked out at the registration table (license or a credit card is required as a deposit) prior to each round.
GOLF CARTS AND THE NYSGA 'ONE-SEAT' POLICY
The use of a golf cart is approved for all rounds. The fee is $20 per round, paid in the pro shop before each round (CASH ONLY). The use of a golf cart is NOT mandatory. A player may carry his own clubs or use a manual or electric push cart.
The NYSGA's 'One-Seat' Policy is in effect. This policy permits either the player or his caddie to ride, but not both at the same time. If there are only two players riding in a group, they will be required to take one cart. Exceptions to this policy are made when the player's caddie has been approved for a handicap cart (see below).
The driving range will be provided complimentary to players (see schedule for times).
Lunch will be provided to contestants during practice and competition rounds. Lunch for spectators and caddies will be available for purchase (pricing TBA).
ON-COURSE WATER & SNACKS
Water bottles and fruit/snacks will be provided on the golf course for players/caddies only.
If you would like use of a locker at Shaker Ridge, please email email@example.com to reserve a space.
The use of a push cart, whether manual or electric, is permitted.
SPECTATORS AND CARTS
Spectators are encouraged to attend this Championship follow guidelines consistent with other golf competitions. Spectators are expected to maintain a reasonable distance (at least 20 yards) from players and to always walk with or ahead of the group they are following. Spectators must not give players advice, doing so could result in the player being penalized. Spectators who are in breach of these recommendations may be subject to removal from the golf course.
The NYSGA will accommodate spectators with an ADA disability by allowing them to ride in their own golf cart. To request this accommodation, a spectator must complete an return the NYSGA Golf Cart Request Form at least 24 hours in advance.
The NYSGA has a group hotel rate with the Tru by Hilton Albany Airport located at the front entrance of the club. Click the link provided below to see the pricing available.
- Tru by Hilton Albany Airport (0.5 miles/1 min)
LOCAL RULES AND CONDITIONS
Listed below are a number of important Conditions of Competition and Local Rules for this Championship.
- RULES OF GOLF; WHEN COMPETITION IS FINAL. Play will be governed by The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and R&A. Questions are to be referred to the NYSGA Rules Committee, whose decision will be final. The result of this Championship is final when the Championship trophy has been presented.
- NYSGA LOCAL RULES AND TERMS OF THE COMPETITION (HARD CARD). Download the 2021 NYSGA Hard Card (click here).
- GOLF BALLS; DRIVER HEADS. Model Local Rules G-1 and G-3 are in effect. Visit the USGA website for a list of approved golf balls (click here) and driver heads (click here).
- PERSONAL APPEARANCE. Players must be neat in appearance with respect to personal grooming and clothing.
To withdraw, promptly notify the NYSGA (call 315-471-6979, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). Failure to do so may result in disqualification from future NYSGA competitions.
PACE OF PLAY
It is a condition that players must play without undue delay in accordance with guidelines established by the Committee. To view the NYSGA's Pace of Play Policy, click here.
In the event of a discontinuance of play during this Championship, players must adhere to the evacuation plan distributed by the NYSGA.
Players and/or their guests must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner at all times. Any excessive display of anger, vulgar language, club throwing, alcohol abuse, illegal drug use, lack of golfing etiquette or disrespect to a fellow player or any other individual may be grounds or disqualification from any tournament. The NYSGA reserves the right to revoke a player's tournament entry, without a refund, at any time for conduct deemed inappropriate or damaging to the NYSGA.
SHAKER RIDGE COUNTRY CLUB
802 Albany Shaker Road, Albany, NY 12211
Bill Sarver, GMAA
Mark Jorgensen, PGA
Todd Czepiel, GCSAA
NYSGA STAFF IN CHARGE
Andrew Hickey, NYSGA Assistant Executive Director
Dan Mort, USGA P.J. Boatwright, Jr Intern